The Spotlight ǀ Stars are not yet aligned for a sustainable rebound
Equities have bounced back a bit but European bonds are still reeling. There are signs of stabilisation in US Treasuries, but it is premature to re-risk portfolios, says Vincent Chaigneau, Head of Research at Generali Insurance Asset Management. In this podcast, Vincent explains why financial stability issues will eventually constraint ECB tightening, but for now non-core EUR sovereign bonds will continue to price the risk of a new “impossible trinity”.
- 0:21 Vincent, you have been defensive on risk assets since the invasion of Ukraine. Are we close to the bottom?
- 1:01 Not a pretty picture. Is it time for some bottom fishing yet?
- 2:41 When do you expect a more sustained rebound in risk sentiment?
- 3:26 Are you changing your ECB views? And are you worried about the sovereign spread widening?
- 5:14 So, Vincent, to conclude, how to invest in this environment?
Listen to the Podcast now: