COVID-19 UPDATE Facts & Figures - 02/09/2021
- September 01: 647,105 7-day average new cases, compared to 659,516 a week ago and 599,815 a month ago.
Now confirmed 218,297,310 cases worldwide vs 213,767,576 cases last week.
- 4,525,907 people have died (2.1% of confirmed cases) and 194,287,167 have recovered (89%).
- Europe: 57,368,305 cases; 7-day avg growth of 142,942 vs 145,105 a week ago and 125,321 a month ago.
- USA: 39,396,156 cases; 7-day avg growth of 167,583 vs 155,753 a week ago and 85,459 a month ago.
- Vaccines: around 5.38 billion doses have been administered globally, of which 371 million in the USA and 533 million
in the EU. 113 vaccines are in clinical evaluation and 184 vaccines are in preclinical evaluation.