COVID-19 FACTS & FIGURES
Sanofi and GSK are in advanced discussion with the European Commission to supply up to 300 million doses of an experimental Covid-19 vaccine.
- August 3: 197,066 total new cases (+1.1%), vs 222,523 the previous day and 256,267 7-day average. Now confirmed 18,286,834 cases worldwide (213 countries and territories) vs 16,492,967 cases last week.
- 693,296 people have died (3.8% of confirmed cases) and 11,460,060 have recovered (62.7%).
- Europe: 2,449,727 cases; 7-day average growth of 14,301. USA: 4,713,540 cases; 7-day average growth of 45,368.
- Brazil: 2,751,665 cases, 7-day average growth of 44,026. India: 1,855,331 cases, 7-day average growth of 53,261.
- August 3 marked the lowest daily cases increase in more than 20 days. Average new cases showed a decrease for the first time since April, mainly for the low new infections in Brazil (+17,988).
- Hong Kong new cases appear to have reached a peak and now are starting to decrease. For the first time since the beginning of the pandemic, China sent a team of health officials to assist Hong Kong with testing.