COVID-19 FACTS & FIGURES
The European Union is expected to release a safe list of destinations for non-essential travels. Russia, Brazil and the Unites States are among countries that will not be part of the initial safe list, while China will be approved only if Chinese authorities also allow in EU visitors.
- June 29: 161,478 total new cases (+1.6%), vs 161,472 the previous day and 172,323 7-day average. Now confirmed 10,311,696 cases worldwide (213 countries and territories) vs 9,105,433 cases last week. On June 26, a new daily record for cases has been set with more than 190,000 new infected.
- 504,866 people have died (4.9% of confirmed cases) and 5,453,547 have recovered (52.9 %).
- Europe: 2,055,149 cases; daily increase of 12,086. USA: 2,590,582 cases; daily increase of 41,586.
- Brazil: 1,370,488 cases, daily increase of 25,234. Russia: 641,156 cases; daily increase of 6,719.
- India: 567,536 cases, daily increase of 18,339. South Africa: 144,264 cases, daily increase of 6,130.
- So far, the recent increase in new cases has not been followed by an equivalent increase in deaths and hospitalization, which are still well below the numbers of mid-April. This may suggest that more mild and asymptomatic cases have been discovered, leading to a lower fatality rate (currently at 4.9% vs a high of 7.2% in April).