COVID-19 FACTS & FIGURES
- January 14: 755,432 total new cases (+0.8%), vs 745,102 the previous day and 712,180 7-day average. Now confirmed 92,968,815 cases worldwide (218 countries and territories) vs 87,983,555 cases last week.
- 1,991,908 people have died (2.1% of confirmed cases) and 65,180,576 have recovered (70.1%).
- Europe: 26,958,825 cases; 7-day avg growth of 233,853. USA: 23,307,232 cases; 7-day avg growth of 238,820.
- Brazil: 8,326,115 cases, 7-day avg growth of 52,063. India: 10,528,508 cases, 7-day avg growth of 16,352.
- Vaccines are starting to be widely distributed. In the past week, around 17 million vaccination doses have been administered around the world. As almost all the approved vaccines require two doses per person, the actual amount of people fully vaccinated is still low, but numbers should pick up in the coming weeks.