COVID-19 FACTS & FIGURES
G7 finance ministers are expected to signal their support for extending a debt relief programme aimed at helping the poorest countries. SinoVac’s CEO said the company will be ready for worldwide distribution of its coronavirus vaccine by early next year. Moderna says it expect to produce 20 million doses of its experimental vaccine by the end of the year.
- September 24: 314,127 total new cases (+1.0%), vs 311,127 the previous day and 293,151 7-day average. Now confirmed 32,193,910 cases worldwide (213 countries and territories) vs 30,141,854 cases last week.
- 982,416 people have died (3.1% of confirmed cases) and 23,699,230 have recovered (73.6%).
- Europe: 4,149,470 cases; 7-day average growth of 56,871. USA: 6,977,658 cases; 7-day average growth of 43,321.
- Brazil: 4,659,909 cases, 7-day average growth of 28,924. India: 5,816,103 cases, 7-day average growth of 86,202.
- On Sept. 24 France recorded a new record for daily cases, with more than 16,000 new contagions. In the past 7 days more than 2 million people have been diagnosed with Covid-19, the highest number since the beginning of the pandemic.