COVID-19 FACTS & FIGURES
Pfizer and BioNTech candidate Covid-19 vaccine showed to be 95% effective in early analysis, an even better result compared to data released last week. Moderna candidate Covid-19 vaccine showed to be 94.5% effective in early trials involving 30,000 people. Switzerland announced ICU beds reached full capacity and no extra units are available. Oxford and AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine test results are expected by late December.
- November 19: 650,815 total new cases (+1.2%), vs 611,856 the previous day and 588,956 7-day average. Now confirmed
56,837,990 cases worldwide (217 countries and territories) vs 52,715,297 cases last week.
- 1,359,088 people have died (2.4% of confirmed cases) and 39,239,669 have recovered (69.0%).
- Europe: 13,976,982 cases; 7-day avg growth of 240,676. USA: 11,715,316 cases; 7-day avg growth of 165,029.
- Brazil: 5,983,089 cases, 7-day avg growth of 28,492. India: 9,004,325 cases, 7-day avg growth of 39,489.
- The increase in new cases is starting to slow down, after the implementation of new lockdowns and restrictions especially in Europe. That said, new deaths reached a new high recording more than 65k fatalities in the past week.