COVID-19 UPDATE Facts & Figures
- July 21: 519,305 7-day average new cases, compared to 469,659 a week ago and 359,136 a month ago. Now confirmed 191,874,794 cases worldwide vs 188,239,660 cases last week.
- 4,126,076 people have died (2.2% of confirmed cases) and 173,603,030 have recovered (90.5%).
- Europe: 51,683,116 cases; 7-day avg growth of 124,876 vs 91,786 a week ago and 31,173 a month ago.
- USA: 34,226,806 cases; 7-day avg growth of 39,939 vs 25,255 a week ago and 11,363 a month ago.
- Vaccines: around 3.73 billion doses have been administered globally, of which 338 million in the USA and 436 million in the EU. 109 vaccines are in clinical evaluation and 184 vaccines are in preclinical evaluation.