COVID-19 FACTS & FIGURES ǀ Focus: Covid-19 Mutations
- Special focus: Covid-19 mutations. Key points: transmissibility, reinfection and vaccine effectiveness.
- February 04: 503,786 total new cases (+0.5%), vs 505,772 the previous day and 488,649 7-day average. Now confirmed
104,772,741 cases worldwide vs 101,352,201 cases last week.
- 2,281,499 people have died (2.2% of confirmed cases) and 77,011,381 have recovered (73.5%).
- Europe: 30,842,294 cases; 7-day avg growth of 164,668. USA: 26,676,957 cases; 7-day avg growth of 130,039.
- Vaccines: around 30 million vaccination doses have been administered in the past week, of which 6 million in the USA
and 7 million in Europe.