COVID-19 UPDATE Facts & Figures - 05/08/2021
- August 04: 598,293 7-day average new cases, compared to 575,406 a week ago and 389,639 a month ago. Now confirmed 200,090,689 cases worldwide vs 195,902,638 cases last week.
- 4,252,527 people have died (2.1% of confirmed cases) and 179,231,986 have recovered (89.6%).
- Europe: 53,433,458 cases; 7-day avg growth of 126,156 vs 123,893 a week ago and 54,886 a month ago.
- USA: 35,330,664 cases; 7-day avg growth of 93,996 vs 63,698 a week ago and 11,827 a month ago.
- Vaccines: around 4.31 billion doses have been administered globally, of which 348 million in the USA and 479 million in the EU. 111 vaccines are in clinical evaluation and 184 vaccines are in preclinical evaluation.