The Spotlight | Generali Investments Podcast: Premature to reload risk
April’s poor macro data and market performance are vindicating the team’s defensive and anti-cyclical stance, says Vincent Chaigneau, Head of Research at Generali Insurance Asset Management. In this podcast, Vincent explains why the Fed may slow down a bit by late summer, right as the global economy enjoys a temporary reprieve. For now, however, his investment recommendations focus on navigating a deteriorating economic environment and fast policy adjustment.
- 0:21 Vincent, the latest economic news is underwhelming. Are you concerned?
- 1:46 Q1 was tough for financial markets. April just got worst. Where is the bottom?
- 3:11 What will stop the rot and when, then?
- 4:20 What about Europe, and the ECB in particular?
- 5:14 So, Vincent, to conclude, how to invest in this environment?